New 29 and 38 RIB
Written by Jørgen Løwe June 30, 2015
Our 29 RIB Tender was launched in 2005, went through a facelift in 2007 and was redone as a MK II in 2010. 151 builds – all different – were produced in these molds. The 36 P1 SuperSport first hit water just before Round Britain Race in 2008 and was redone in 2010. 28 unique builds came out of these molds.
Both the successors have quite a track record, and big shoes to fill:
ACHIEVEMENTS :: GOLDFISH 29 RIB TENDER
- Serial number 016 was one of the first to be built as a yacht tender, and today still serve as tender at the Norwegian Royal Ship KS “Norge”. More than 20 of them is still serving as Yacht Tenders around the world.
- The boat currently holds the record as the fastest boat with single engine around Britain, and won its class in Round Britain 2008 with more than an hour ahead of the closest competitor.
- Won Motorboat & Yachting’s Motorboat of the Year 2011 in the category Performance and Super boats.
- Two boats delivered to the Norwegian Police in 2011.
- 29 RIB Tender serving Frigate KNM “Fridtjof Nansen” during their fight against piracy in the Bay of Aden.
- Still, the most valuable achievement; Making boaters expanding their horizon, and made them discover new places on shores and islands they previously considered out of reach.
ACHIEVEMENTS :: GOLDFISH 36 P1 SUPERSPORT
- Fastest RIB Round Britain record holder.
- Five stage wins during Round Britain 2008. Second overall, and winner of class.
- Delivered to Norwegian Military, and is todays largest air-droppable boat in the world.
- Delivered to the Norwegian Police.
- The most valuable achievement; bringing our best soldiers faster, safer and rested to target. Contributing to mission success.
THE NEW 29 SPORT
This is a direct replacement of the 29 RIB Tender. Slightly wider and more spacious, more comfort, easier operation, and even better all-speed efficiency. Now features twin berth, a toilet and a wet bar.
THE NEW 38 SUPERSPORT
All you got in the 29 Sport, just more of everything. Twin engines, spacious layout, and an outstanding performance. With the 38 SuperSport we are making the performance of the specialist 36 P1 SuperSport accessible for all boaters.
COMPARISON IN SIZE AND LAYOUT (OLD AND NEW MODELS)
29 RIB Tender VS 29 Sport
38 SuperSport VS 36 P1 SuperSport
New 29 Sport
New 38 SuperSport
We will update with test reports, pictures, specifications and prices in the weeks to come until launch at Cannes Boat Show the 9th of September. Follow this blog and you will be the first to have the information. We will not have capacity to answer questions on these boats before launch. As soon as information is available it will be posted here. No reservations or orders taken until 1st of September.
Please have patience, and follow our blog for updates.